UK Haul - Clothes & Books

November 07, 2014

Bonjour,

Last week was half-term, so I was in the UK visiting family and generally doing a lot more work that I would have liked. But of course no trip to the UK complete without a healthy dose of shopping, a significantly lighter purse at the end of it and finally a haul post with poor quality photos to let you all know how much of a consumer I am.

Note: I'm getting a fairly decent camera for Christmas so hopefully there's some comfort in knowing my photos will be better soon!


Velvet Top from New Look, £12.99

I have a slight obsession with velvet (I've been on the hunt for a red velvet skirt for years), so when I saw this top I was over the moon. It's a really dark, almost-black blue, and I think it has so much potential for the festive/party season.


Red Plaid Top from Primark, £6

Another of my obsessions is plaid, and specifically red plaid: I have a dress, a jumper and two shirts in it, but no actual tops, surprisingly. This one is really nice, because it's the perfect amount of stretchy to tuck into skirts and it also has a collar, which I love.


Blue Checked Shirt from Primark, £8

I have far, far too many checked shirts, but (and this is how I justified this purchase to myself) none in this exact shade of blue.


Shawl from Matalan, £12

This has honestly become my new favourite thing. It's unbelievably warm and cosy (although not quite enough so for the bitterly cold mornings we've been having lately), and best of all is reversible so it's essentially a 2-in-1.


Houndstooth Skirt from New Look, £12.99 

Skirts are just about my favourite thing ever to wear in autumn (and even winter, if I can stand it), with thick woolly tights and boots. But I realised I only really had skater style skirts, with the exception of one black miniskirt which is frankly on the risqué side for school. This, however, is a dream: it's a perfect fit, really thick material and also happens to complete my trilogy of houndstooth patterned pieces (the others are leggings and a sheer top).


Chelsea Boots from Primark, £12

I absolutely adore these boots, and having worn them all week I can't recommend them highly enough. They're also exactly what I set out to get, which is somewhat of a miracle in itself since that never happens for me.


A Death in Tuscany by Michele Giuttari

Well hello there, you Italian crime novel, you - I can't say this is a genre I'm overly familiar with, but it was a 3 books for £5 deal and this was the third one I picked out. The cover really reminds me of the cover of The Duchess of Malfi by John Webster, a play we read in Advanced English last year.



Blood and Beauty by Sarah Dunant

I was first and foremost on the lookout for historical fiction (to feed my insatiable penchant for it), and happened to come across this intriguing read. It's set in Italy in the late 15th century, which just about does it for me as I love everything about the Tudors and the Renaissance.


The English Girl by Margaret Leroy

I'm not particularly captivated by the title or cover of this book, but the blurb really drew me in - it's described as a 'breathtaking historical novel' and set in 1930s Vienna, which really interests me as last year we studied the period between the two wars in a lot of detail and as far as I know I don't own any other books set around then.

I also got a few other odd things like nail varnishes, pyjamas, fur-lined black leggings that were impossible to photograph and a coat from New Look that I forgot to photograph.

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search