Secondhand Book Haul

October 02, 2014

Bonjour,

Long time no blog! For once this isn't merely laziness on my part, but because until just recently I had no way of getting photos from my phone onto my laptop as I'd lent my cable to a friend. But now I have it back, it's time for a book haul - I actually bought these the weekend before last, at a secondhand book sale, and I'm ridiculously excited about most of them.

The Glass of Time by Michael Cox

Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann

Divine by Mistake by P.C. Cast

The Girls by Lori Lansens

The People's Queen by Vanora Bennett

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

The only one I've started so far is Valley of the Dolls. It was actually published in 1966, and is apparently one of the bestselling books of all time. The story begins in 1945 and spans over twenty years, focusing on the lives of its three main characters Anne, Jennifer and Neely, who are all involved in showbusiness in one form or other. Basically, it's the most trashy, girly, romantic thing I've ever read, but I love it to bits.

x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Lucky you!:)
    I'm running out of books to read now haha..
    These all seem like wonderful books!
    June
    The Journeys' of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book ' The Forgotten Garden ' is very magical. I read it a couple of years ago only half way through though! I shall return to it! I strongly recommend it to people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a hefty tome so I'm glad to hear it's worth my while embarking on it :)

      Delete

Search