Liebster Award Nomination!

September 12, 2014

Bonjour,

Lately I've barely had a spare minute to sit down at my laptop and put something creative together, but I recently found out from my lovely friend Aoife's blog that she has nominated me for the Liebster Award - thank you Aoife! I'm sorry this has taken a while to materialise, I've been writing a little bit every day since the weekend at about midnight because I've been so busy, ahaha.


The Award

The Liebster Award was created to recognise and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere, and for this reason it is restricted to bloggers with less than two hundred followers.


The Rules
1. Link back to the person who has nominated you.
2. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the eleven questions that you have been asked from the blogger that nominated you.
4. Nominate eleven bloggers with under two hundred followers and set them eleven questions to answer.

Eleven random facts about me
1. I have lived in Belgium since the age of three, but I'll be moving back to the UK next year for university.
2. If I get into Cardiff University, I am seriously considering learning Welsh. Maybe.
3. I love organising anything and everything, it's kind of a hobby.
4. I always need to read the book before I watch the film.
5. I have a slight obsession with graveyards, they're so eerily calm and I could spend hours just walking around and reading the inscriptions on the headstones. 
6. Nothing makes me happier than walking into a bookshop and taking in the smell of new books.
7. My favourite perfume is Dreams Unlimited from The Body Shop
8. I adore all kinds of stationery, especially notebooks.
9. No one will ever convince me that astrology has no truth in it.
10. My favourite genre of book is historical fiction, as it combines two of my favourite things: history and stories.
11. I adore baking with a passion.

Aoife's Questions
1. If you had enough money to buy the one thing you've only ever dreamt of owning, what would it be and why do you want it so much?
The only thing I think I've 'only ever dreamt of owning' is a retro polaroid camera. I love the idea of doing something artsy with all the snaps!

2. Are you the type of person that sticks to a schedule when blogging or do you blog about something on the spur of the moment?
My blogging schedule tends to revolve around my other priorities, chiefly schoolwork. I'm in my final year of school so the pressure is on and the workload is sky-high, even though it's only the second week of school! I tend to blog a lot more during the holidays, especially over the summer, but if I feel really inspired I do occasionally post more often.

3. Would you change the way you blog just because someone says something negative about your work?
To be honest, I don't deal with criticism well, so if someone left a negative comment on my blog I'd probably delete it and carry on as usual. My blog is first and foremost my own space, and I blog much more for my own enjoyment than anyone else's - having said that, I'd definitely welcome any constructive criticism!

4. Did you ever switch to a different blogging platform? If so, how did it go? If you haven't, what is your opinion on the platform that you're using?
I've always used Blogger, and I've really got to grips with it over time so I don't think I'd ever change platform. I find it easy to use and easy to customise, which is one of the most important things in my book.

5. How do you like your eggs in the morning?
I rarely eat eggs, but scrambled all the way.

6. What is your favourite online or physical clothing shop?
Probably Forever 21, although sadly we don't have it where I shop in Brussels any more. New Look and Pimkie are also a couple of my favourites, and I confess I'll always have a weakness for Primark...

7. Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
I believe my Polyvore mini bio thing is currently 'aquarius & introvert', so I suppose that answers that. However I can be weirdly extraverted in some situations, like when I'm with my close friends and family.

8. If you had one weekend to go where ever you wanted and do whatever you wanted to do, how would you spend it? Would you spend it alone or with company?
This is a really tough one. First of all I'd just love to have a free weekend to do whatever I wanted! I'd actually really like to go to London and do all the touristy stuff, like visiting museums and monuments - I did that kind of thing with my family when I was a lot younger, so sadly it was mostly wasted on me, and since then I've only been back to London a few times, with school. I'd love to go with anyone who really appreciates culture and history, and wouldn't mind trekking round museums all day long.

9. Who inspired you to start a blog and why?
I was inspired more by a 'what' than a 'who'. I started my blog on the second-last day of my work experience at a magazine company, when I somehow ended up exploring a crumbling, abandoned house. I desperately wanted somewhere to post the photos I'd taken, so I decided to go ahead and create a blog.

10. How do you mainly style your hair? 
I used to straighten it nearly every day, but recently I haven't been bothered and I tend to leave it as a curly mess.

11. Do you prefer sweet or savoury food?
Sweet, for sure. I love desserts more than any other food!

My nominations
To be honest I don't follow a whole lot of blogs, so these are the ones I follow who have under 200 followers:

1. Dear Manhattan (Katrina)
5. Noodle My Nails (Valentina - she has just over 200 followers but sshh)

My questions
1. What is the meaning behind your name? (blog name & actual name)
2. What is/was your favourite school subject and why?
3. Did you dream last night? What about?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. Are you a morning or night person?
6. Last book you read?
7. What is your favourite quote?
8. Describe your style in five words.
9. If you could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, what would they be?
10. Which countries have you travelled to?
11. What one city would you like to visit and why?

x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Haha, I was like 'Ok then Aoife...' :P Glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete

Search