H&M Haul

August 12, 2013

Bonjour,

Today I went to the local shopping centre with my mum and brother. I don't go there all that often, because the only shops I ever really go in are H&M, The Body Shop, Six, and the newly-opened Pull & Bear. But anyway, I went into H&M first of all, since it's the biggest and best-stocked one I've ever been in, and I bought the following:

Watch This Space jumper, €19.99 from H&M

 Even though winter is my favourite season of the year, as I love to wrap up warm in big coats and woolly scarves, I don't have that many big cosy jumpers - which is why I was so happy to find this. It's oversized and oh-so snuggly, which is just perfect for the colder months. I was also looking for something simple to wear with my many pairs of patterned leggings, and I know this is going to be perfect for wearing with my galaxy print ones.

DIY Studs, €4.95 from H&M

The next thing I bought was something I saw a while ago on the blog of a German girl I know from school. They're basically DIY studs, which you attach to fabric using pliers or a hammer. I just though this was a brilliant idea - why buy new clothes when you can jazz them up with these? They come in a little packet with square ones and triangular ones, and each is about 1cm squared, which I think is the perfect size. I can't wait to have a go with these - I might post some pics of the results if it works out alright!

Red Velvet Plimsolls, €19.95 from H&M

These are officially the third most fabulous pair of shoes I have ever bought (the first and second being my black creepers and black combat boots). I almost don't have words to describe how incredible these are. But they're a stunning burgundy red colour (I desperately want a skater skirt in this exact material!), and feel amazing soft and velvety, plus they have platform soles, check it out:



Even though I probably have upwards of forty pairs of shoes (if you count both winter and summer ones) I am actually quite terrible at buying footwear, which is part of the reason I have so many pairs. I'm a 38 and a half European sizes (or about a 5 in the UK), which is awkward because 38 is always a little on the small side, and 39 is a little on the big side. So I usually end up going for the 39, and wearing them with innersoles and two pairs of socks if necessary. I actually have a similar pair to these in plan black, with the thick soles, but they're just a bit too big to wear comfortably, which is why I ended up buying flat black plimsolls as well. Anyhow, I know I'll wear these till they fall apart, as they're a great, slightly grungy alternative to my beloved creepers.

And that's all I bought. I went out determined to find some cream tights and dark red knee socks, but sadly I didn't find any - never mind, they shall remain on my shopping list till the next trip.

After I'd finished shopping I wandered round a few other shops, including the nature shop, tucked away round a corner on the top floor. It's one of my favourite places to go, because the moment you step inside the incense and the relaxing music whisk you away to somewhere in the middle of a forest - it's just so calming and I always go in and have a wander round. They have everything from telescopes to aromatherapy oils, including massage chairs, scented candles, and CDs that sound like nature. I managed to take some sneaky (and therefor bad-quality) photos of the displays at the back of the stall, take a look:






I could honestly spend all day in there, listening to the sounds of birds chirping and inhaling the musky scent of jasmine and vanilla.

x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I LOVE your jumper! Sooo jealous :) I really like what you've done with your blog too, SO PRETTY! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooo, I actually wore it with my galaxy leggings yesterday xD And aw thanks - I decided it was time for a blog makeover, since it's nearly six weeks old!

      Delete

Search