MS MR

August 22, 2013

Bonjour,

I've been meaning to post this for a while, so hooray for me finally getting round to it! In the same vein as this post I wrote about Marina & the Diamonds, I'd like to share some more of my favourite music with you lovely readers. This time I'me featuring the band MS MR, and here's a quick summary from Wikipedia:


MS MR (pronounced Miss Mister) are a New York-based American duo consisting of vocalist Lizzy Plapinger and producer Max Hershenow. The duo are signed to IAMSOUND and Columbia Records. After both members graduated from Vassar College in 2010, MS MR released two singles, "Hurricane" and "Fantasy". The music video for their debut single "Hurricane" was released on 26 April 2012, with the single released on iTunes on 10 July 2012. MS MR's sound has been compared to Florence and the Machine, Lana Del Rey and Kavinsky.





I discovered MS MR through a friend who posted about them on a blog I used to write for, and I was instantly hooked. Their music is so addictive and a lot of the lyrics are chilling and a little disturbing, which I think is part of the appeal. Wikipedia describes their music genre as indie pop, alternative rock, dream pop and dark wave - quite a range. I can't personally tell what's what, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the music! I think what I most love about this band is that all their songs are so different and conjure up completely different images in my head.


Here are my favourite songs of theirs:







I hope you find you like MS MR as much as I do!

(all photos from Google images, videos from YouTube)

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search