A London Reunion

October 24, 2018

A few weeks ago I met up with my housemates from last year in London for a little reunion, as we hadn't seen each other since leaving Durham just after graduation in June. Since we now live fairly spread out across the country and are doing very different things, it's difficult to find a time and place to see each other so it was lovely to catch up. It was also really nice to explore a little bit of London, as even though I now only live an hour away the only place I can say I'm truly familiar with is the inside of King's Cross and St Pancras stations! I wanted to capture the memory of this little day out so voila, a blog post. Enjoy the unusually high quality photos, courtesy of Ashleigh and her fancy camera!


After a quick initial catch-up (and coffee) at the train station our first stop was Camden market, where we stopped for (yet more) coffee at a cafe which I've forgotten the name of but it was very cute and rustic, if slightly overpriced.

Then we spent a couple of hours wandering around all the stalls and shops and taking in the sights, including this really cool huge sticker wall. I think everyone bought something except me as surprisingly I just didn't see anything that captured my attention (and that was also in my budget). After some deliberation over where to go for lunch we settled on Rudy's Dirty Vegan Diner which does a range of burgers, hot dogs, mac n cheese etc - basically vegan junk food and it was incredible! I got the dirty burger and then felt extremely full for the 6 or so hours (which is an achievement for me as I tend to get hungry really quickly).


post-lunch happy beans


As we digested we headed back to the tube - via Urban Outfitters because why not. We then battled the crowds of Saturday afternoon shoppers as we made our way along Oxford Street, stopping in a few shops including Zara and the Lush flagship store. Next was a quick stop at a bubble tea place - where I made the terrible choice of kiwi and tapioca, a combination I do not advise - before we ended up on Carnaby Street for more shopping.



At this point the tiredness was beginning to hit and the sun was starting to set, so we decided to give our feet a rest and catch the last rays of daylight during golden hour in Regent's Park. With the warmth of the day gone the evening turned chilly, and we headed back to the train station with the intention of having some dinner before we left. After a few false starts (it can be a legitimate struggle to find any viable vegetarian/vegan food options without doing your research beforehand) we eventually located a Wagamama's and actually sat outside under some heaters as the night fell properly. In a departure from tradition I didn't get my usual but instead went for something ever so slightly different which to be honest will probably become my usual now.


With some time left before we needed to part, we regrouped in Spoons for warmth and drinks and said our goodbyes and caught our respective trains and coaches. Although I was exhausted from all the walking we did it was a lovely day out and so great to catch up with some of my best pals - here's to future reunions, wherever they might be!

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search