My Current Favourite ASMRtists

January 13, 2019

Way back in August of 2014 I did a post about my discovery of the ASMR phenomenon and then the following February I posted about my top five favourite ASMR videos that I'd been listening to. It's been a while since I did an ASMR-related post so lets kick off 2019 with one. Today I wanted to share my current favourite ASMRtists, i.e. people who make ASMR videos on YouTube who I've been absolutely loving lately.



I'll start with a couple of old favourites. I've been watching Hermetic Kitten ASMR since at least 2015 and I really love the old-school low-fi style of her videos which I think are filmed on a webcam. She's a really interesting person and makes a mixture of original types of video. She also speaks so many languages and regularly makes ASMR videos in English, French, Italian and Spanish with a couple of extra languages thrown in occasionally. I speak French and I understand some Spanish so I can access most of her content, but I also enjoy watching ASMR in languages I don't understand because it lets me listen to whispering while doing something else without getting distracted. Next is WhispersRed ASMR aka Emma who I always think of as the mother of ASMR - she has a really soothing motherly manner which never fails to relax me, especially her 'tucking you in' video. Her videos have a really high production value too which means I often get visually-induced tingles.




Some relatively recent discoveries who are now favourites are Gibi ASMR, ASMR Glow and ScottishMurmurs ASMR. I think of Gibi as the queen of roleplays as she has an amazing ability to completely become a character and capture their mannerisms completely, as well as invent her own concepts. One of my favourite ideas of hers is the Hogwarts sorting hat series with different characters introducing you to all of the four houses. Essentially I want her to be my big sister. 

Glow makes amazing trigger videos with super tingly whispering mostly in English but also some French - although I usually want to listen to what she's saying rather than drift off. I like the way she mostly uses a purplish background so I always know when I'm watching one of her videos, and she also always has stunning hair and makeup. Apart from having an incredibly ASMR-inducing Scottish accent, Lauren makes a lot of excellent medical role plays. She also recently made a car role play which I enjoyed a lot. I find her to be a really relaxing person in general but she also has a great sense of humour.



In the past couple of months I've also come across some amazing channels that have become firm favourites. Goodnight Moon is especially well known for her Babblebrook series, which is a number of role plays set in a fantasy world of her own imagination. The care and attention to detail she puts into these videos and especially the sets and props is amazing, it feels like you're watching an actual film or TV show instead of a YouTube video. My favourite video from the series is 'The Nightshade Witch Provides a Curse' which never fails to put me to sleep.

Finally I also want to mention Nature Flight Productions, which is a fairly unconventional channel. She makes incredible sensory-friendly artistic videos with an ethereal, eerie vibe which push the boundaries of what ASMR is and can be. Some of her work feels like it could be part of a Nicole Dollanganger music video or something - I don't necessarily watch it for relaxation in the usual sense but because I'm utterly intrigued by her art.

And those are my current favourite ASMRtists!

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search